Yes, I've been a slacker on the 'ol blog. I can't help it, really. Life gets busy, and then when I have a break all I want to do is sleep. So today, now that the reality of not being ready for work to begin again on Monday has set in, my desire to be productive has returned. Somewhat. Taking matters into my own hands, I'm finishing a goal I've had for, oh, forever.
Yes, I'm mailing my Holiday cards on New Year's Eve.
Yes, they are the ones we made last year.
Yes, that means it only took me 13 months to get them done.
No, I'm not ashamed.
Yes, I'm pretty sure I don't have addresses for half the people who they should go to.
No, I'm not overly concerned about that.
As for blogging, I've had such grand ambitions for posts and stories that I wanted to share before moving forward. These ambitions are just that though, ambitious, and therefore not getting done. So I'm taking what I like to call the "scrapbook method" (start with today before you worry about going back) and simply moving on from today forward.
So here I'll summarize briefly where life is at as of today, Dec. 30th, 2009:
- I'm not dating anyone. I was, sort of (another reason time was scarce) and then he dropped the "I'm in love with my ex-girlfriend" bomb and that ended that. Bummer. Why are all the good ones emotionally un-available? I'm still blindly hanging on to a shred of hope, but it's rapidly fraying to unidentifiable bits.
- I've made an offer on a house which has been accepted by the seller. It is a short sale though (like all but one listing in my county) and the offer has to be approved by her lender - since they are the ones losing money. This process can take hardly any time at all or months- depending on so many variables I can't begin to understand it all. So cross your fingers, pray, do whatever you feel you can do to urge it along. I'm getting anxious!
- I had a dental emergency on Christmas Eve at 7:00 p.m. of all timing. The poor dentist spent his evening on the phone with me instead of wrapping his kids' gifts. All in all it went well and I didn't have to make him go into the office on Christmas day. I did however have to spend the $1000 I was hoping to put towards a new dining table if indeed said home purchase goes through. Bummer.
- Work is delightful, but then I haven't thought much about it for a week and a half - which I think was well earned after my very first, very stressful, parent-meeting-with-the-Principal-to-discuss-my-incompetence experience. I can't complain. The Admin is awesome, the parent reasonable, and it all went phenomenally better than anticipated. The stress has dissipated and I've been able to get a full nights sleep. Not to mention it's the ONLY upset parent I've had all year. I count my blessings.
- My kidlet is missing half her teeth, which was, after all, my Christmas wish. I almost got the two front teeth missing Christmas pictures I have dreamt of. The new ones are growing in quick enough that I almost missed the window, but it was close enough.




1 comments:
Hey I am proud that you are actually mailing them out! I have skipped out the last couple years... I'm too lazy and cheap. hehe
I am crossing my fingers for you and the house... :)
Post a Comment