Sunday, November 29, 2009

Speak your love

I attended a fireside tonight. For those of you who don't speak LDS-ese, it's like a devotional, where someone gives an address of sorts and then everyone flocks to the refreshment table. Today's was on "Learning From Life's Experiences." Sheesh. Don't we all need some of that?

Truth be told it was fantastic. The speaker had the perfect blend of humor and seriousness, spirituality and realism. It was fantastic. Did I say that yet?

From his address I discovered my new favorite quote, especially as we enter this Christmas season.

"Mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again."
~President Howard W. Hunter


So beautiful, so poignant. I am enamored with the closing line; "Speak your love and then speak it again." The quote is from here.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, thank you so much for sharing!! I was just realizing the other day my ward doesn't do firesides . . . even for the youth! Thank you for sharing a message that certainly can help me! Miss ya!

Peterson Family said...

That's an awesome quote! Thanks for sharing! :)

lollipoplover said...

Thank you so much for posting that! I have been trying to figure out what the theme of this weeks lesson should be and that is it. Truly inspired!