Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thank you for this inconvenience

Photobucket


Life is trudging along. Work is, well, work. Except now I have a giant lava lamp in my room so life is groovy.

Kidlet carved her own pumpkin this year. Boy, was I nervous when I saw the reckless abandon with which she wielded the little pumpkin saw. It's a dog, er – a cat, no wait – a dog. I can't remember and I think she's changed her mind a couple times. The marker whiskers are lasting much better than the spaghetti noodles we did last year (which sucked moisture straight out of the pumpkin and became completely floppy by morning).

Boys are, well, annoying. Perhaps just plain lacking is a more accurate description.

The bug's been sick twice in the last 10 days, the most recent of which I think is the swine flu. No doctors office or testing, just a feeling in my bones. My bones have never been wrong. Except maybe the last 6 months I spent planning to shave my head to support the little bug when she goes in for chemotherapy – so I could find out (gratefully, I might add!) that the little problem which spurred this ridiculous mental rendezvous ended up being nothing. Quite literally, nothing. Good going bones.

Photobucket


I officially hired a realtor, today in fact. Here's hoping!

My Christmas shopping is finished (sans stocking stuffers) for all but the parents. I suppose since “all but the parents” involves only one person it isn't that amazing of a feat. However if I add myself to the list then I'm not finished after all. Not by a long shot. (There are some silpats with my name on them calling from the distant reaches of shelving at Williams-Sonoma).

And I can't stop eating pumpkin seeds. Seriously, I don't even like them! At least I didn't until I roasted them with loads of cinnamon and sugar, now I can't get enough.


(By the way, what's up with this title? My realtor said that in his first email and I can't help but think it isn't quite what he meant.)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I am concerned but glad you are no longer concerned. Perhaps I read the paragraph before the pumpkin seeds wrong, but is everyone and everything okay?

The pumpkins seeds look delicious! I have never tried them sweet. Also, I think your realtor should not be allowed to use e-mail.