Tonight, in the absence of black construction paper (to make our annual foot-ghosts), we re-visited this project of a few years back. I was determined to make the black widows this time, only to discover that my black food coloring was dried to a thick unmanageable gooey paste. Enough stuck to the tip of my spatula to tint the marshmallow a delightfully un-apetizing shade of lavendery-grey. That is a color, right? Lavender-y grey? Good thing the Cocoa-Krispies made up for it.
I'm getting better at letting the bug control the outcome and not making things all "perfect" for photos. Not that I ever have worried too much about perfect anyway. Her creativity is much more entertaining than my in-the-box thinking about what a spider should be anyway.
But I think Grandma takes the cake for most awesomest. She took the most care, and it shows. It's like a Hallmark edible creepy. Good times.
Bring it on, October. We are ready for you.






3 comments:
cute treats!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the pic with your little one playing with the goo! It so looks like she's spinning her own web! And do you know we still have the footprint ghosts you made with the girls one October before I moved up here? =)
love it! such a great project. can i be your child for a few weeks? i just want access to all these cool ideas.
Post a Comment