Photo: Platinum and diamond wedding bands by Christian Bauer. I.heart.their.stuff.
I try very hard not to gripe on my blog. But what on Earth is up with happily married men, completely devoted to home and family, not wearing wedding rings????
Yes, I know there are numerous valid reasons for this; metal allergies, work or lifestyle incompatibilities (mechanics or gym rats come to mind), loosing the thing, price, or who knows what else. It is however a great inconvenience for single gals like me who have made the ring check a second nature experience. It works something like this:
We see ring = assume married. We see no ring = assume not married
Yes, I know there are numerous valid reasons for this; metal allergies, work or lifestyle incompatibilities (mechanics or gym rats come to mind), loosing the thing, price, or who knows what else. It is however a great inconvenience for single gals like me who have made the ring check a second nature experience. It works something like this:
We see ring = assume married. We see no ring = assume not married
Being wrong in this area is never a good thing, yet some of them make it impossible for us to make an accurate judgement. Yes, this was spurred by a recent experience, one that I have decided is happening way too often. So please, men (who aren't reading this at all), wear those stinkin rings so we can stop feeling like idiots.





4 comments:
Yeah, my husband NEVER wears his ring! Perhaps I need to make him from now on. At first his ring fit, then about 5 yrs. ago he lost a TON of weight and we bought a new one. Then he started lifting shortly after that, changing his ring size for a third and final time, and now his ring just doesn't fit. AND he wants a new one. Argh.
Time to do a little shopping!
this is story i NEED to hear... dinner?
I have had my own "Well, that makes me feel stupid" moments based on false ring checks! And I admit I am glad that my husband wears his ring, even though he totally beats it up with all the moving, lifting, banging, etc. his ring goes through in a day of deliveries. Thank Heaven for tungsten!!
I think Mike wears his, but mine hasn't fit for years. However, the four kids in tow usually give me away :)
Post a Comment