and it is glorious.
I suppose baking in general counts as an old love, but this recipe has really won me over. Love it. Like, totally, completely, head-over-heels, love it. Homemade bread without kneading... and a video.
I used whole wheat flour, flax seed, and black sesame seeds for the outer dusting flour blend. The seeds give it a little som'n som'n that I really dig. The best part? Mix it up before bed, set it out to rise at lunch, and poof! Almost magically perfect bread in time for dinner, almost effortlessly!



1 comments:
I saw something like this in a magazine a little over a year ago, using a cast iron Dutch oven in the oven. It turned out soooo good, but we were sort of feeling our way through the written ingredients. It is easier to actually see the video, because so much of baking is a judgement call.
I should do this more often. I could mix it up in the evening, go home for lunch and set it out, and cook it at dinnertime after work. The only real disadvantage is that it disappears too quickly.
Post a Comment