Monday, June 8, 2009

When you need a laugh

take a kid mini-golfing for family night, in the lightly sprinkling rain. Really, isn't the game much more fun when the rules just don't matter? When you can pick up the ball and put it right where you want it? Stand every which way and the other? Skip certain holes entirely to get to the castle quicker? Ignore patient instruction on the "proper" way to hold a mini-golf club?



If only we could always approach games with this simple motive: have fun. I think our world would be a much more calm place.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

HA! Just a warning: While hilarious, it can also be extremely dangerous. When I was 8, my parents took me and 2 friends mini-golfing. It ended with one of us getting hit in the eye with a golf club. Horrifying.

Katie said...

The sky looks so cool in the background of those pictures!

I am so terrible at golf, which is ironic, because my Papa was on the Senior's Pro circuit for awhile and then spent his last years of retirement as the golf pro at the country club. I was even the bev cart girl at CC for a year (most degrading job of my life) and they gave me free golf lessons. The trainer said I had no hope, and his eyes just got really big when I told him who my grandfather was.

But I love to play putt-putt, it's more like the other people playing hate me, haha!