Saturday, June 6, 2009

One of the things

on my 101 list is to make homemade bubbles.

Here's attempt #1:

Nope. That one didn't yield a bubble. Even with the excessively awkward blowing and the "don't let my hands get sticky" grip.


That one sort of did. Just sort of - though the straw and string bubble wand idea is killer fab. I wish I could remember where I first saw that (eons ago) to give them kudos.


A-Ha! That's more like it. For this batch 3ish inch cookie cutters were the most effective "wands" with the teddy bear and heart the most effective shapes.

Watch for attempt #2 next week! This was ok, but I ran out of the dish soap just shy of what we needed. I hoped it'd be alright anyway, but really, you need the full amount of soap. I kept running into the house carrying out spoonfuls of liquid hand soap to add to the dish. I do think this recipe has potential though.

6 parts water
2 parts dish soap (I hear Joy works the best)
3/4 part light corn syrup
Store in a covered container.

(I mixed mine in an old rescued-from-the-recycle-bin milk jug. It was absolutely perfect. I shook it up to mix and let it sit a couple hours to de-foam.)

Photobucket

1 comments:

nichole said...

such a great project.... love it.

and i didn't get to wish you happy birthday on your birthday. i celebrate the whole month, so hopefully you haven't stopped yet.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!