You know those cute monogram signs that have surfaced over the last several months for front doors? I thought I was going to do that. A single letter and a silhouette that "represents me" should be easy enough, right? I started debating. A pear? Well, maybe, I mean, I do heart them to infinity. A dragonfly? Hmm, there's a decent option but with some of my other dragonfly stuff might be overkill. A turtle? Not really fitting for the area even if they do make my heart go pitter patter. A pineapple? I like the symbolism, didn't like the idea of painting it.
In the end I abandoned the idea and went with something for indoors. After all, I'm trying to break away from the endless sea of beige we are swimming in. So here she is: a new welcome to the kiddo's room. 
I wanted it to look hand painted and imperfect like the billion dollar overpriced, painted overseas by pennies per hour laborers, pictures from places like pottery barn kids, but of course without the price and potentially awkward ethical issues. I'd say I got the "imperfect" part down pretty good- perhaps better than I wanted- but it's cute, and it brought me a minor craft fix. 
Sunday, June 14, 2009
98 cents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment