Friday, May 22, 2009

Etsy Find Friday

A few weeks ago, whilst stocking up on $0.88 blackberries at a local natural foods market, I stumbled upon an issue of Positively Green magazine. Immediately I was struck by the unlikelihood of purchasing a magazine to try and live more sustainably. Is that really a worthwile use of recycled paper and transportation fuel? Anyhow. The darling girl on the cover (brunettes, I've been jealous of you lately!) was wearing a light cotton skirt with palm leaf applique and a great kelly green shirt. Oh, how I love that outfit!

Though the weather often warrants it, I've never liked to wear shorts. I'm not positive but I do believe there is a direct correlation between that attitude and my less than ideal feelings towards my calves. And knees. And pretty much everything south of the waist. The only thing I don't love about pears is being one. Ever since that day at the grocers I have been preoccupied, nay, obsessed, with summer skirts. Shorter and cooler than jeans, just long enough to disguise the little old people knees I carry. I'm actually trying to sew one to rival the magazine beauty, but it is leaving a little to be desired. Enter: Etsy.

This weeks passion has been wrap skirts. Is there anything more summery than wrap skirts? This one really struck me with the unique texture of the print. Faux Bois in a skirt?? I'd never have thought of it but I really dig it. This one's from Katinka Pinka.



This one is exactly what I first had in mind for a wrap. Simple, straightforward, with an interesting print. It does not camoflague as well but the fun fabric makes up for it. AND - it's reversible. Sweetness. Find it and others (like Amy Butler prints) at Shop Miss Magoo.



Seriously, could this be any more fun? I really like the shape of the skirt and the great ties. A little more hippie that I think I could pull off but I love the greens. This one is from Omanepadmeom.



Now, this one holds my heart in it's dear little hand. When I stumbled upon this picture, I'm telling you my pulse started racing, palms sweating, and an anxious pit formed in the depths of my stomach. Love. It. It's like the most perfect skirt that I never knew I always wanted. I've always been a saver, not a spender, but this one makes that a slightly painful proposition. As much as I crave this skirt and can see myself wearing it every single day to every single place I go and doing every little thing I do, I want a house more and so will not be parting with the 126 smackeroos this gorgeousness costs. If you can think of a shining reason why I ought to, please do tell, but don't be offended when it still doesn't convince me. Find this beyond gorgeous piece at Mnemosyne Designs.



Happy Friday!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Do you want to be my personal shopper?! Perhaps one day I could even pay you!! :)