Sunday, February 8, 2009

first off, let me say that I don't even like ruffles

but then I saw, as I wandered through the blogosphere, a bunch of darling little girls in twirly skirts
you know the ones
the tiered, gathered, prairie like skirts?

and then there were the trendy mom's at church (of whom I am definitely not one)
with their darling perfectly-dressed-and-coiffed children in full, ruffly twirly skirts

add to it this remnant I found for somewhere under $1.50 and this was born:



I call it my peer-pressure skirt
can't you just see it with pink cowgirl boots?

the odd thing about it is that I only took one measurement. I pulled a skirt from aeryn's drawer and measured her waist, then set to work. why is that odd, you may ask? because the only thing that did NOT work out was the waist measurement. everything else that I simply eyeballed worked out famously. the seams between layers matched up exactly at the sides, and really, what is the likelihood of that?

so here, in a nutshell, is our weekend. I haven't even created a "Feb. 2009" picture folder yet, and today when I sent a text, I realized it was the first one I've sent in a week. A WEEK!!?!?!?? clearly, I've been a bit of a hermit.

here's to change... student teaching 38% done (yes, I figure the percentage every day) and I'm ready to have a life again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!