Sunday, January 4, 2009

party project numero uno

i admit it. i have a slight animosity towards cheap plastic junk for kids. sure, we have our share of it, i'm just not too keen on using a party to help others generate more of it. so here's one of my solutions:

yes, that's me using puffy paint on fabric reminiscent of 1984. what can i say? she wanted sparklies and i was smart enough to decide against hand beading the crowns like i'd originally planned.

so here we are, one project down!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find your project absolutely fantastic, that is a wonderful idea.
Oh I can't wait to see your project#2!

Suzy

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I am sure they will be a big hit.

Peterson Family said...

Love the party bags... SUPER cute!!

Ok, my two cents on the party games... I planned out Hunter's party games to the T which all went well and were fun, but you are going to need a few. We decorated cookies, played pin the nose on the pumpkin, played mini-pumpkin bowling, candy toss, pinata, AND (take a breath) presents and there was STILL time for the kids to play with Hunter's new toys until there parents came. I only did an hour and half too. It was quite perfect in the end... but some ideas might be, to play princess BINGO, and have a princess-y movie ready in case you run out of things to do.

Oh, what about a 'tea' party too? That might be entertaining. Sorry I've never been to a GIRLY party, only boys stuff so far.

Kell said...

Those are FANTASTIC! I will definitely have to get in touch on how to make those for Gettie's birthday. They are adorable!