Thursday, November 20, 2008

Meet the Bug-a-lug

Here Lis: 7 weird/random facts about Aeryn:

~She hates when I sing in the car – especially to her music. “Mom stop! That’s my song!” Thankfully, she gives me ABBA (and also corrects me daily that 'hate' is a bad word and I need to go to time out if I use it).

~This kid LOVES shoes. I don’t know where she gets it from, but man alive, shoes are the best.

~And dresses… she loves dresses. I have to remind her every day – twice – if it’s too cold to wear a dress to school.

~She is a budding entomologist. Bugs are the clearly best and are frequently brought inside the house.

~She can’t stand the smell of bubble gum. Because she has had tubes put in her ears twice, both requiring general anesthesia. The second time was about 6 months ago and the anesthesia was scented like bubble gum. She hasn’t wanted anything to do with the stuff since.

~She has no fear of dogs, unless they are smaller than her. Big ones that could crush her with one step are completely non-threatening, it’s the little yappy buggers that get to her.
~She has amazing self-control with sweets. I never have to worry about her over-consuming Halloween candy, and she doesn't even finish a small dish of ice cream. She'll just stop when she's not hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother had that self control with sweets. She used to keep her Halloween candy FOREVER, til Laurie and I found it and ate it up! She had a bowl of M&M's on the counter and only ate one a day (like a vitamin or something) and was scandolized when we took a handful AND ate them! She was very wise. Aunt Lynn

Anonymous said...

Just wait till she uses the WORD entomologist! If she hasn't already! Marina absolutely floored me when she told me she wanted to be an entomologist a couple years ago. Course, now it's snakes, but we're still in the creepy crawlies, lol!