Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shutterbug


Out of a quest to entertain one afternoon, I handed Aeryn the camera. Every trip we've taken since, she wants to be the photographer. Every item in our house must be preserved in all its (probably misplaced) glory.



But by far, her favorite subject is herself. Self portraits are the most frequent pictures she takes. She's even getting the hang for where to hold the camera so her face actually shows up in the shot.



Perhaps its because I am always taking pictures of her, and little else, that she has this concept of artistic expression. Or maybe its that most of our "family photos" are of the reach, hope, and click variety.



She is most grateful that her mother has a tripod, and that she knows how to use all the knobs and levers to adjust it. The point and click habits have already evolved to poised and sighted. Too bad I won't teach her how to use the timer, she could get some killer great personal pics.



Poor kiddo was getting sick in most of these (as I'm sure you can tell). I should've known something was up when she didn't want to eat edamame. Edamame!! What kid can pass up that? So she wandered and clicked until exhaustion won and she had no option but to succumb to the fever that was setting upon her. Too bad on the timing, today was the school carnival. She's been looking forward to it for a whole week. Just think of all there would have been to snap pics of at the trip around the world carnival?!!?!? We live in a crazy neighborhood, there were going to be Porsche rides around the track and everything. But you know? I bet the kids would be just as happy with a bucket of water balloons and some watermelon slices. But I digress, I was so sad today knowing she would miss it. I think some soft serve ice cream will be in order to heal the impending wounds, and she can photograph it all.

2 comments:

nichole said...

i have a firm believe that ice cream cures ALL ills. amen. oh and that you are an amazing mother! amen again.

Megan said...

I think it is awesome that Aeryn is taking pictures. You are a wonderful mother. Don't forget that!