Have you ever had a word that just bugged you? A pet peeve of (mis)pronunciation? I have known those who couldn't stand hearing someone say "libary" or "amblance." For me, it's always been sherbert (I cringed just typing that). There's only one R in there people.
Though I understand the evolutionary nature of language (thanks for jiggy btw Will) I was SHOCKED, yet thrilled, to see this article on MSN today using my favorite pet peeve as the major point. Silly, random, and pointless... but it made me smile.
Monday, May 5, 2008
No way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I must have annoyed you when I was a child, because I used to say sherbert with two "r"s. I absolutely loved that frozen delight so I probably said it often. I also remember seeing it spelled once and realizing I was pronouncing it wrong. I was embarrassed even then. Occasionally, when I am really tired and really craving sweets, I think that extra "r" may still slide in there. Humiliating.
Post a Comment