Friday, May 16, 2008

New Favorite

I have a new blog obsession. Seriously, this woman is who I dream of becoming. Yes,that sounds cheesy, and yet this is how I envision myself as a mom... I'm just not quite there yet. At. All.

If you have kids at home you simply must check her out. Tons of things to create and explore, good food, and just a billion memories in the making.


Make and Take


Side note: Though we haven't made them yet, her pop-up pancakes remind me of when I was a kid (like a zillion years ago) and Aunt Laurie's family came to vist... she spent a good bit of time looking for a recipe that I think was called a German Pancake because it was Melissa's favorite. I've never had it since, but I haven't forgotten the yumminess that was that fluffy, eggy treat dusted with powdered sugar and sprinkled with lemon juice. Yum. Pure Yum. (My apologies if my childhood memory is a bit skewed.)

3 comments:

nichole said...

i am make these for breakfast on saturday! do you want to come try them?!?!

i miss you.

Mel said...

Hey Michelle! Do you want the recipe that my mom uses? It is pretty similar to the one on your link, although the assembly instructions are a bit differnt.. you mix the eggs w/a dash of salt until very bubbly and then add it to the milk and flour mixture. Mom always added baking powder to make them rise really high. I still love those pancakes and made some just a few weeks ago.

If you and Aeryn are ever in Southern Cali you ought to come visit. I'd love to have you guys over sometime we'll eat lots of german pancakes...

Laurie said...

I haven't made these for years... but my kids make them so I don't need to. Try some cream cheese on them with the sugar and lemon juice!