Friday, April 18, 2008

Black Bean Chicken Tostadas



Ever have one of those days where you're hungry, don't think you have any food, and just want to eat NOW? What am I thinking, of course you have.

That was yesterday. Classes are finally over, and in celebration of not having school today, I wanted real food; I just didn't want to have to cook it. But in an attempt to be financially prudent this is what I came up with: Black bean chicken tostadas. Good grief, they were fabulous. Probably the best meal I've made in, well, far too long.

Here's the low down:
*fried up some corn tortillas
*mixed a can of black beans (drained & rinses) with a few tablespoons lime juice, *diced red onion, and diced tomato.
*diced a cooked chicken breast and simmered in taco seasoning
*smooshed up some homemade guac
*had Aeryn grate some cheese

Then layer, and eat. And of course layer and eat again. And again. Until you run out or can't move.

Then I mixed the leftover chicken stuff with the leftover bean stuff and put it on salads for lunch today. Sooo very tasty.

3 comments:

Angela S said...

That looks great!

nichole said...

oh may this sounds so great! do you have a recipe for your guacamole?

and i know you are studying for finals... if you need a babysitter or just a place to run to i will be home most nights this week! good luck.

Amanda/Mandy said...

Looks fabulous!! glad that finals are over. Have fun with your break!!