I really wish I had a personalized pic for this post, but as I don't take cameras to church this one will have to do. Aeryn has been really fascinated with the idea of getting married lately. I'm not sure why, unless you count the day -weeks ago- that a cousin and I went out for lunch and browsed the wedding gowns afterward. We really don't do that type of thing, we just had a few moments to spare and felt like some window shopping. Aeryn fell in love with a darling little dress (or two) and I asked her if that was what she wanted to wear if I got married. Then we went dress by dress and she told me which ones she liked and what she thought I should wear.
Fast forward a couple days to when we watched "It's a Wonderful Life"... Remember the scene towards the end where Jimmy Stewart returns to his life and is so excited he grabs his wife and kisses her? Well, that evidently made an impression on my little lady as she's been talking about kisses ever since. She actually tried to grab and lip kiss a couple people mimicking the movie. In haste and uncertainty I said that people only kiss like that when they are married. I know, I know. I'm going to have to correct that explanation before long. Ever since then she's been obsessed with the idea of getting married. Her. Getting. Married.
Gasp.
Mom. NOT. Ready. For. That. Thought.
Ok, back to the story. Somehow with her recent birthday and the concept of being sooo big she has decided that when she's 6 she can get married. (Sorry hon, I don't think that'd fly even if you could somehow finagle parental consent)
After church today one of the Primary leaders pulled my parents aside and just wanted to "let us know" that Aeryn has been having a grand ol' time kissing a little boy named Dylan on the lips through all of church. I shouldn't be surprised, she started this pattern in Daycare at 22 months old with her first little beau, Zephyr, who would have his arms wrapped around her all day long, kissing her in greeting and farewell (much to the entertainment of parents and teachers). All she would tell me when I asked about today (with a sneaky, happy little smirk) was that he's older than her and she kissed him first because they are "a boy, and a girl... be married!"
She's already got a thing for musicians and motorcycles. Add this to it and honestly, heaven help me when school starts.



1 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!! At least her social skills are WAY ahead of the game. :) What a cute girl!
Post a Comment