Have any of you been thinking nonstop about what you wish to accomplish this year? It's preoccupied my mind for my last couple blog free weeks. I'm not sure why.
Most definitely, I am not a resolution kind of gal. I tend to think that the moment to change is when you realize you should, not when the calendar dictates it. This current year change has proven useful in the endless wave of introspection that has plagued me lately. So I've done it. I've made some resolutions.
They are hard to quantify however, as I don't feel that they are measurable goals. More like traits I wish to develop which never really have a "there!" moment associated with them. In effort to "put them in writing" and thereby increase the accountability I have to them, I am sharing them here.
1. Cultivate an attitude of graciousness.
2. Develop a greater love of learning, scholastically and otherwise.
3. Read one book each month that is not "required" or kindergarten level. (Ok, so this one is actually measurable.)
I don't know how well this non-specific approach is going to work, but it seems more to the heart of what I want than listing a hundred things like "read 658,439 pages to Aeryn every day", or "run 5 days per week, regardless of weather." This year I will focus on becoming the type of person I wish to be, with the specifics working themselves out as we go, theoretically at least.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
New Year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment