Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas

Clearly I have been slacking in the blogging department. Here is a glimpse of our Christmas day. The days were busy and fun, as I imagine yours were as well. This has to be the most fun Holiday yet. I have always liked Christmas, but nothing is as wonderful as seeing the magic of the morning on the face of a child. I have been so grateful to be a mother, always, but increasingly so this Holiday season. I suppose the realities of going back to work next year and Aeryn starting Kindergarten this fall are sinking in and making me want to savor every little moment. Whatever the reason, I wouldn't trade it.


This was the moment right before she noticed her stocking sitting on the couch right behind her. Immediately following this look was a wide mouthed "Ah!.... YAY!!!" which I missed capturing as I started gigling and living in the moment.



The "green present." This has been under the tree for weeks and has brought more excitement and anticipation than anything else.



Ah-ha! Here it is!!



This is one of my favorite pictures. Although you can't tell, she was playing beneath the coffee table. If the shot showed mere millimeters to the left or top you could see the wood.



Holding baby Sasha. She helps fill our baby hunger and helps Aeryn appreciate the non-wiggliness of her dolls.



A true girl. She can't see shoes (especially boots- of any type) and not try them on. Her enthusiasm is turning me into a shoe person. As such, I am no longer allowed to look at the Nordstroms ads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've decided this is the perfect age for Christmas as Taryn was as much fun as it sounds like Aeryn was!!! I love that sheer look of joy that you've captured on her face!! I can't believe how big Aeryn is getting.

Peterson Family said...

I agree this was by far the best year for Hunter (Weston too by Hunter's enthusiasm). Great pictures, they were really fun to look at. My boys got the same "green gift", well, maybe not the wrapping, but the tents and tunnels... which have proven to be a worthy expense, uh-hem (clearing my throat)... request from Mom and Dad to Santa.