Who says snowboarding games are for little boys?Nothing like chocolate icing all over just-bathed faces.
Anticipation
They love each other like best friends, but fight like sisters. Ahhh....
Last night was our first sleepover experience. My friend Krissie asked if I could watch her daughter Cadence overnight so she could head to visit some friends in Southern UT for the night. The weather was not in her favor so there was a possibility that "overnight" was to mean "until further notice" but she made it home safely and I can anticipate a decent nights rest today.
The first hour brought each girl hitting the other (both only children and neither of them hitters), running around in the buff telling me it was bath time as I was trying to get them to eat dinner, and made up songs with lyrics like "why don't you ever do anything I say?" Hmmm. I wonder where that came from?? I learned my lesson about giving out chocolate cupcakes AFTER baths and have been corrected in my naivete of thinking that because they are young (3 & 4) I could get them to sleep with minimal effort.
Was it worth it though? You bet. I feel better prepared for the future as a mother of an especially social and boisterous little girl, and I have a nice return babysitting favor in my future. Win/win.






0 comments:
Post a Comment