Thursday, September 6, 2007

SLC


This is on the top of the conference center looking towards the SL temple. I had no idea there were gardens up there. Evidently, pre 9-11 people could walk around at their leisure but now a guide is required. It's too bad, but I totally understand why. This isn't my favorite pic of myself, but I figure I'm in the photos so rarely I ought to just deal with it.


I took this pic of Katie so I could get the guy in the background putting up the Christmas lights. Seemed a bit early to me, and then looking around at the size of the grounds I realized they probably have to start this early in order to be done by Thanksgiving. If you look ReAlLy close you can see the tiny illuminated red dots all over the trunk.






I had no idea what an amazing kid section they had upstairs at the Church History museum. It was seriously fabulous. Aeryn's absolute favorite was the section talking about families. She's been asking for a baby brother and playing with this doll hopefully helped to pacify that request for a time.





After getting back home, we went to a local restaurant that serves these amazingly fabulous breadsticks. We were only getting desert but since the waitress was a friend of ours she brought us the bread anyway. They are spiraled around thick skewer like sticks and have an awesome garlicky parmesan goodness dusted over them. I am determined to figure out how to make something similar at home. It's my new kitchen quest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle:

Steve has requested that I find out where you get those breadsticks. We may have to drive two hours just to get some. They look AMAZING.

Micha said...

The breadsticks are from The Pizza Factory. They have a few locations but the one I frequent is around 400 N on State St. here in Lindon.

Sidenote: I know the guy who started Pizza Factory too (but he has since sold it):)