Thursday, September 23, 2010

Monday family night

We actually invited P's family (he and his son) to join us as we headed to the hills to see the leaves changing. Every year its something that I want to do but I end up procrastinating until it's too late. Not this year. A touch early might be more accurate for this year but hey, at least we did it!

Photobucket

Since we headed up after all the growed-ups were off work, there wasn't a ton of daylight left to be had. We also had kids who each needed to meet bedtimes and so we did a lot of the leaf viewing in the car. It was really beautiful though I did not get a single movement-free photo.
Photobucket

It was unique to have another big person with us and it meant that I was hardly the one behind the camera. It is so unusual to get a non-self-portrait-photo of me that I had to display to the world that I really do exist. Really.
Photobucket

But I still don't know how to sit still for a camera. All the times I wonder why Aeryn is such a ham are starting to seem silly when I look at myself. She truly is her mothers daughter.
Photobucket

Aha! Now you can see that P still exists too (yes, we're good friends and yes, I'm trying to be on my best behavior). We really do have an awesome time together.

Photobucket

Me and the kids. I'm the short one on the right. Oh wait. I don't wear pink.... I guess I'm the short one in the middle. Sometimes I can't quite tell.

Photobucket

I don't take breaks from the stress and sleeplessness of life often enough. It's quite the best ever, as I'm sure you all know.
Photobucket

Despite the fact that it got dark early and we didn't see a lot of reddish leaves up close and personal, it was a great night. The kids ran around collecting neat leaves into ziploc bags and we talked about the divinity of nature. I was completely in my element and loved every minute of it. What a fantastic night.


Photobucket

1 comments:

Angela S said...

Its great to see pictures of you too!