Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fuzzy wuzzy

I caved.

For months, no, years, I've been counting down the days until we got a dog. Getting into the house this summer certainly accelerated that desire, but as fate would have it, we didn't inherit a complete fence with this purchase.


Photobucket



Our neighbors have fences (which they each put up specifically to block the view of the weed farm at this residence - argh.) so we technically have 1/2 of a fence. 1/2 of a fence is not enough to keep a pup from wandering the neighborhood though, so I've had to come to the bitter terms that we are a few thousand dollars away from being dog ready. (insert sad, pouty face here)


Photobucket



And lets face it, I never sleep, I work a lot at home, and I like to be mom or bake with the rest of my time. Dogs might not be the best fit for us right now. (insert sad, pouty, but resigned face here)


Photobucket



A late night stop by petfinder.com landed me on this darling little girl and I was in love immediately. I went from never wanting a cat again as long as I lived to deciding this girl would me mine forever in the space of about three minutes.


Photobucket



She came home with us today and is sitting on my lap purring up a storm as I pet her and one-finger-type this.


Photobucket



The 411: She's a 6 year old tabby who is really petite as far as cats go. She is fully housetrained, 100% healthy, has her front paws de-clawed, and is already trained on a harness. No fooling. She spent half the day on leash. She likes kids and dogs and seems pretty much perfect so far.


Photobucket



Aeryn thinks the kitty is for her, but I'm probably going to give her a run for her money.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and sounds just perfect!