Saturday, September 25, 2010

Confession:

Last night I attended a wedding reception.

Not just any reception, one for a guy I dated. And fell for. HARD.

It was a completely one sided relationship with the affection unreturned, as is unfortunately common when dating.

He actually married the girl he picked over me 3+ years ago. And they are happy. Blissfully so.

One mission of mine for the evening was to meet his family, since his mother and I had emailed and shared recipes. It was immediately clear that she (the bride) was the right match for him and that I would not have fit into that family to save my life.

Relief.

But the highlight of my night? Being told that my pumpkin bread kicks the pants off his mothers - that I improved her recipe.

This is huge people, HUGE.

My life is complete.


Photobucket
Does this mean I have issues? One highlight of my marriage was being told I had improved on his mother's coveted chocolate chip cookies. My friend N told me once that I take care of people using food... now I'm thinking it's actually where my competitive side comes out. Hmmm.....

3 comments:

Angela S said...

Ok I love that!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And now, of course, I'm going to ask you for your pumpkin bread recipe!!

Peterson Family said...

Sadly, I would say that NO this doesn't mean you have issues... haha! Because I am SO the SAME way!! For some reason I take pride in that my man likes my cooking over *uhem* 'someone elses'... I am equally as competetive and I think it's a woman thing to want to be the only "Queen Bee" in the hive, you know?!