Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer hair has become a tradition

What was once born of a mom trying to deal with fewer tangles and tears has now become a daughter asking for transition. In 7 years, this is the first time I've taken her to have someone other than me cut her hair.

Seriously.

I think it was the state of her last haircut that made me come to that conclusion. Even after 3 months of corrections when I'd see something amiss, there were random chunks here and there about 1 inch longer or shorter than the rest. I can't figure out how that happened. I mean, cutting hair can't be THAT hard, can it???

Hmmm.

So here we have the not-posed and goofy before:

Photobucket



Followed by the more polished after:

Photobucket

(Note the presence of pink clothes in both pictures. This is a daily occurence around these parts)

Now she wants to go to the salon all the time. I fear I've created a spa junkie. At least she'll be a spa junkie with cuter hair than when her mama cuts it.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair! And I remember my first time of rushing to the stylist for some hair 911. Of course, Jessie started it by hacking off her tangles, but my attempt to fix it was dismal. =)