Sunday, July 18, 2010

Photographer

The other day, while having my plumbing fixed (again), I handed Aeryn the camera and just said "Here, be the photographer." She walked around taking pictures of anything and everything. Normally, I let her use my little point and shoot, but this time I handed her the ol' Canon Rebel. Since it's harder for her to keep steady while she pushes the button, I'm never sure what the pictures will turn out like.

So here we have it: our new house, in incredibly imperfect shape, through the eyes of a child who can barely hold the camera steady but is trying to pass time.



We're still not able to move in. As you can see, the kitchen has no cabinets at present. Chalk this up to water damage and a rodent problem (in the past, not present) creating cabinets I simply could not live with for health purposes. This process is fun, stressful, chaotic, and expensive. At the end, I'll have a house that feels 100% mine, which I can't wait for. However, I've already determined that I will not be choosing this silly fixer-upper business again. Ever.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Angela S said...

I'm excited to see how it all comes together. Fixing up houses is def stressful, chaotic and expensive but it is great to have a place you can call your own. Aeryn did a great job with the pictures!

Laurie said...

so nice to see another blog post. I hadn't realized that you hadn't moved in. Are we seeing you Saturday? some of my kids are camping at the KOA in Richfield the rest are staying at the Comfort Inn where Mom and Dad are also staying. Lynn's oldest is getting married in the Draper temple on Friday 2:30 I know you would be welcome.