Thursday, June 10, 2010

10 things I'm learning this week at Disneyland




  1. Contrary to other lists in the blogosphere: An autograph book is NOT a necessity. In fact, it's a big fat waste of $11 and a whole lotta time. Meeting the characters is fun, but not fun enough that kids want to stand in line for sometimes more than an hour. We stopped after 3 autographs and will probably never do this again.
  2. It cost just as much to get pizza and chocolate milk from a quick food joint as it did to get Monte Cristo's and Macaroni and Cheese from a table service restaurant. If time permits, go for the better food. (And really, if you pack snacks into your Camelbak, you can easily get away with only buying one real meal per day. With what you save not buying water bottles at $3 each, make that meal a good one!)
  3. Disneyland's daily fireworks are far superior to any 4th of July display in existence. On that note, does anyone know how to go about getting the job of Tinkerbell? Fireworks blasting off behind you, getting to soar on a zip line, and shimmery sparkles???? Sign me up!!
  4. I have the whitest legs in the entire Los Angeles metropolitan area.
  5. $8 ice cream cones are totally worth it when eaten in the middle of main street during the fireworks display.
  6. It's not possible to see the entire park in one day. It just isn't.
  7. Fast passes are brilliant. Get to ride the big name rides but only stand in line 15 minutes? And while you're not waiting you're out spending money at vendors? Brilliant.
  8. Minnie Mouse is more popular than Mickey. Something about little girls and pink.
  9. Californians and I have a very different definition of the word "HOT" as it relates to summer weather, for which I am entirely grateful.
  10. The trip will drain every penny you are willing to give to it, yet it is so, so worth it.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

I totally agree with your list! Luckily we didn't have to spend any extra on the fast passes... one perk to a child with Autism!! :) hehe

One more item to add to your list is never, I repeat NEVER go to Disneyland the day or two after Christmas. I have NEVER seen lines so long in my life. Pirates wove clear to the lake. CRAZY!! If we hadn't brought Hunter with us, we would have had time for 3 rides that entire day.

So glad that you are having so much fun!! I love DISNEYLAND! We are hitting Sea World this summer too, 1st for Wes and 2nd for Hunter (but 1st that he will remember). :) Hooray California!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you girls had a fabulous time!