Thursday, May 6, 2010

4 weeks ago an assignment was sent home

Photobucket




Photobucket



...for the kids making a poster telling about their pets for "pet day" at school. After all of the "I want to buy a cat," "Can I bring my dog?" and "What about a horse, Mommy?" conversations over this subject, tonight we spontaneously bought fish. The kidlet is thrilled and made quite the creative poster about her new pets. We already owned the tank, food, decholinator and every other possible thing needed so it was a simple transition.


Photobucket



2 feeder goldfish $0.52
1 ghost shrimp $0.26
Photo ops like this?

Photobucket

Priceless.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's so cute! I can't believe how cheap fish are- I had no idea. I had a Beta fish fish in college- he was with me for three years and then my mom killed him when I was in Italy. It was sad.

Any mews on the house yet?

Peterson Family said...

Love the fish... that is so sweet! They make the PERFECT pet! We debate getting a dog and then look at our un-scratched sliding doors, smooth leather couches and decide against it for the 100th time... one day maybe. hehe

I really feel your pain about the housing situation. We built, but the stress of purchasing, qualifying, speding your money, and having an offer excepted I can COMPLETELY understand and empathize with. Just keep telling yourself, one day I will be there, one day I will be painting and anticipating the day when all the rooms are fully furnished and properly decorated. :) You'll get there.

I'll cross my fingers for you, I want to see some pic's of your mowed lawn... hehe