I have been desolate of late
disconnected - in several ways.
When my internet provider had some sudden "lack of service" issues and stopped answering their phones, it was clear something was amiss. Fortunately, the "backup" internet connection had never been cancelled.
New stuff installed, no go. Settings checked, no go. Every possible option analyzed by myself, my IT manager dad, and a few dozen google searches; still no go.
Finally tonight in a feeing of desperation (I left the power cord to my laptop at work) I decided to try the impossible one more time. Seems that actually reading the information in the little help box comes in handy now and again.
I find it odd that Microsoft didn't have the same information on their website when I searched for solutions to the problem. Oh well. I have no complaints. After 4 weeks of no internet on my home computer and 5 days with no car of my own (depressing story), I am back to full connectivity and mobility.
Life is good!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
In praise of little "help" buttons
Posted by
Micha
at
9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
So did your car get fixed, or did you have to shop for a new one?
Post a Comment