
May is a busy month 'round these parts. Especially this year. Mother's day is often an odd holiday for me as I never know what to do for my step-mom. She's great, but not my mom, and it's hard for me to get past that sometimes. BUT, she's a wonderful grandma. This year I struck gold using this idea. I'm telling you, soooo easy and seriously the most adorable thing.
Instead of the transfer pencil, I scanned the picture and printed it out the size I wanted. Then I traced it with black permanent pen so it would show through the fabric and I traced the design onto the fabric with a washable pen. It wasn't perfect, but it did eliminate reversing the design. I can't wait to make some of these for myself!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Slow on the uptake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love it!! And I am sure Betsy does too.
I kinda get what you're saying. Moms are diff from grandmas but til just the last year or two I was hard core about not calling my dad's step mom grandma. Though she'd been married to my grandpa much longer than I'd been alive she was specifically Granny to me. Then in the last year or two I've realized that while she's very different from my dad's mom (who died when I was 10) she's always been there and been part of our life. It was then that I started calling her grandma. If nothing else to remind myself that she's as much an important part of my life as my biological grandma. I don't know if that makes any sense or communicates what I mean it to. But, I have so much freaking love and respect for the step parents of the world who love their new families like their own. They are rockstars!
Post a Comment