
The day has come and gone and I feel somehow little changed. The years and semesters have faded into an almost distant memory, despite the fact that it's been one short month since I was actively a student. The day began calmly; filling an entertainment bag for the kidlet, dressing, breakfast. Truly it felt as nothing abnormal was about to take place.
And then,
and then it started. I arrived at the place which promised change and accomplishment. Walking to the waiting locale it seemed that my early arrival was unnecessary, especially in the brown alligator print boots I so lovingly selected from my closet for this occasion. Something in the air felt different.
We all waited behind the scenes like a sea of blackness broken only by the occasional golden tassel or brilliant orchid lei. Once the processional began, I couldn't help myself. Smiles radiated from my soul and the joy poured forth. This accomplishment has come very differently for me than many others, and yet, I felt every ounce of my being succumb to the grandeur of the moment. The symphony. The pomp. The professors decked in colorful garb representative of their own life's achievements.
He spoke. We listened. Hearts were touched. Priorities honed. Directions charted.
Such a little thing, commencement. Yet after the long waiting, the sore feet, the lengthy introductions of the board members, the sea of unknown faces cheering, and the rumbling stomach, I feel proud for having chosen this. This day is mine, and I love it.
(as always, click the pic for our Picasa album)
Friday, May 1, 2009
Fruition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Congratulations on your graduation AND your job.
Yes, like Mom said. Congratulations on both graduation and job. Its exciting to finish something so big.
Congratulations!! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful graduation. And congratulations on your new job!
What a great week!
Congratulations, Michelle!!! You are amazing!
Wooo Hoo! Congrats!
(Obviously I have not checked Google Reader in oh so long. Sorry this is so delayed....)
Post a Comment