Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm going to cry

so...
my computer is completely messed up
no safe mode, no anything
just a stupid message telling me it's completely messed up

good thing i can run upstairs and use the parents' comp but really, i'm 60% done student teaching and may have lost everything

lesson plans
7 weeks of journaling
my entire portfolio
my senior project
not to mention my sanity

fortunately, all pics through jan have been burned to cd already
truly though, graduation is the thing on the brain and if i can't find all this work i'll have to start from scratch - despite the fact that much of it has been completed gradually over the last two years

i want to scream
or cry
or just grab some breyer's french vanilla with chocolate fudge magic shell

4 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

AHH! that is horrible. I hope and it comes back to life. good luck.

Katie said...

You should take it to Geek Squad, ASAP! They can probably salvage some of it. On a happier note, I really like your new banner!

I hope everything works out okay.

Angela S said...

Ben and Jerry's Karmal Sutra is the key to your problems. Reed's found with his mad skills that he can get data sometimes by freezing the hard drive and then working with it. But man we understand where you are. Reed spent weeks on a project, and most of a few days before finals his last term and then forgot to save something and lost all the code for an assignment. The night before it was due he realized it was gone. We both had huge panic attacks...he NEEDED to finally be done and graduate. We couldn't find it anywhere so we had to retype everything in. Which meant that I helped with the code for the first time ever. He actually dictated while I typed. It was hard core crazy. I'll be praying for ya to figure this out!

Mel said...

Ours fried once too, luckily a guy at church is a computer nut and knew how to save it, he scanned our harddrive somehow and got it all back. It sounds like it would be worth finding someone in Utah to do that for you. It is such a pain and so scary to have your data beyond your reach isn't it? Good luck! Look though, you might be surprised what those computer geeks can do...