Wednesday, February 18, 2009

after one student put his desk partner in a head lock,

i started thinking about WHY ON EARTH i'm in education with all these crazies. oh sure, it could be that i'm one of them... just don't tell me. i don't think i want to know.

so i started facebook chatting with a former colleague who reminded me of so many of the things i used to do... in my former life... with gainful employment and sassy suits and when i used to actually get my hair cut more than once a year. i was stylin, and it was really fun.

my mind was filled with everything i was missing. the customer parties, the glamour, the medical benefits. i began to miss the industry i've been working to be able to avoid. SURELY days of sheer chaos and turmoil never existed there. my coworkers were a delightful bunch, smiling and giddy. happy and united through every obstacle. there were never moments of tension or miscommunication or sheer boredom.

or so i remembered.

then i stumbled upon this picture:



um.... see my desk? i was swamped. i was frazzled. i was clearly a little delirious. the pretties weren't cutting it for me this day. sheesh. maybe a little change of direction really was in order.

(in defense of my hair comment, this was clearly not the best of my hair days. we all have 'um)

5 comments:

nichole said...

i actually thought "her hair looks great styled like that..." (i am being serious... i love it!)

Angela S said...

Haha...yeah nothing like a picture to trigger a few memories.

Amanda/Mandy said...

I agree with Nichole, I was liking the shape and style.

Amanda/Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

When I saw this picture it was a thumbnail in my blogger feed, and I thought it was a picture of your daughter! I never realized how much you two look alike.

Oh, and I like your hair too!