After 3 nights of marginal and/or minimal sleep AND greater than average academic stress I had a day of days.
7:04 a.m. wake up kidlet, get her dressed, primped and fed, ushered upstairs where grandma can get her to the bus, with her insistence that she wear snowboots to school when there is inkling of no snow on the horizon
7:38 a.m. found me running feverishly around home depot to find sand for the 9th grade science lab I would teach at
8:15 a.m. after I spent 15 minutes lost in the school while carrying a 50lb. bag of sand so that the class could ignore me and deliberately avoid the assignment I issued because the cooperating teacher was not counting it in their grade and the students made big messes which I got to clean up at
9:45 a.m. so that I could drive away and hurry to find a parking space while trying not to be late for my class that started at
10:04 a.m. (because I was late after all) and was completely useful, despite the tendency of many members of the class to over analyze and criticize the fact that we have to do any work, which they did until
11:45 a.m. when I had to leave to drive back across town to pick Aeryn up from school at
12:00 p.m. and make her a quick pb&j (again) to eat and scrambling two eggs to gobble up since I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink yet this morning while I mixed up 2 batches of gingerbread dough to rest in the fridge while I’m in my
2:00 p.m. heredity class final exam review realizing all too well how much I should have learned and don’t remember and rushing out the door to pick Aeryn up from the day care by
3:03 p.m. which ended up delayed because the princesses were there reading the kids stories and Aeryn had to ask Belle why Cinderella hadn’t come and started making crafts so that at
3:16 p.m. I had to drag her out so we could get back to the house by
3:30 p.m. when her friend Echo was coming over for a play date and to give me the chance to clean the house for our evening soiree after Echo’s mom picked her up at
4:47 p.m. when Aeryn got really hungry for a snack and I made a grocery list to take a quick run to macey’s until at
5:22 p.m. we ran into a friend at the store and the quick jaunt extended to a not-so-quick jaunt that got us home at
6:07 p.m. to make frosting (which didn’t happen) while finding the munchkin something to eat as I tried to get ready for the gathering which began to take place somewhere about
7:11 p.m. and seemed a little harried at first, truth be told, but turned out to be just what the doctor ordered even though I was embarrassingly gobbling up a few bites of French onion soup as peeps started to appear and stayed until
11:34 p.m. when I decided that the homework I ought to finish tonight can most definitely wait until the morning. I really need sleep, and yet, I'm happy as a clam.
Who knew that taking time to play would make the most exhausted person feel renewed?
Thursday, December 11, 2008
busy busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Not relevant to this post, but I saw your comment at Daily Danny (http://dannyseo.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/12/better-questions-for-better-homes.html#comment-142165984)
and I wanted to say, Amen, sister!
I hope it was great!! I know that Katie was really excited for the festivities. Good luck with the rest of finals.
Love all the posts... I clearly don't blog as often as I should be, I keep missing stuff. Love the ornaments, they are so pretty. I too am going with a traditional tree so that I can proudly display all my kids crafts from here on out.
Post a Comment