Monday, November 17, 2008

To whomever came up with this brilliant idea,

Thank you!

I've been saving PB jars for a few months because they make really great storage for the plethora of items I buy bulk from the health food store. Then I stumbled upon a blogger who snatched an idea from somewhere else and now not one of these jars lives in my kitchen. Wouldn't you know, I didn't keep tabs on either of the sites so I can't refer you to it... but I love joy jars.

Photobucket



Simply put, joy jars are a collection of those random little toys that kids somehow accumulate, often lose, and hardly pay attention to. For two years Aeryn got to choose out of the "treasure box" after speech therapy so we have quite a few of these little things. I always felt guilty putting them in the donation bag because she can remember where and when she got every single little toy.

This is so brilliant. Now, when she needs something to do we just grab a jar from the shelf and everything seems new again. I haven't tried it yet, but I anticipate that it will make entertainment at other people's homes a little easier - grab a jar on the way out they door and they have stuff to play with. I'm also having one jar for each Holiday and the little trinkets that accompany them.

I can't tell you exactly how good this silly idea has been for my optimism and determination to be both organized and a mother (seems like an oxymoron at times). So again, whomever you are out there in blogosphere, Thank you!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of joy jars. I used jars to keep things seperate ie; finger puppets, small people, snap beads, etc. But jars of the uncatagorized items never occured to me. I can now know what to do with those things I never knew what to do with. Thanks! Aunt Lynn