Friday, November 7, 2008

Last night I was in desperate need of some instant gratification

so I pulled out all the stops

First off, I learned that this 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug doesn't turn out quite as well with m&m's. I ate it all anyway, despite the dried chocolate ufo's in the bottom of the cup.

Second, I grabbed this silk flower (which has been in my craft stash since fall of '99 when I was attempting to make topiaries for wedding centerpieces) and poked the crap out of my fingers stitching it, and some buttons of course, to a hair band.

Then, I gave up entirely on the quick fix, put on the full blown 5 hour Pride & Prejudice, dreamt of my own Mr. Darcy, and began yet another major may-never-be-done-in-this-lifetime project.



This morning I hit the thrift store and created 3 more projects for myself.
Heaven help me, I'll never be caught up.

3 comments:

Angela S said...

Hey that's awesome! I totally folded laundry to the Keira Knightly version of P&P this afternoon too. It blows me away with either version how intense and amazing it is. I love that film.

Anonymous said...

5 hour Pride & Prejudice? Ok...spill. What version is it, where can I find it, etc.?

Amanda/Mandy said...

So on the craft project -- I only have 2 words HOT GLUE -- it is so much easier than actually sewing on buttons and flowers.