Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spunky Monkey

Today we tried this idea. We've done monkey bread cinnamon rolls before, a couple different ways, but I loved the muffin tin idea. Isn't everything more fun when little? We actually just took the muffin tin idea and merged it with Boots' Monkey Bread using refrigerator biscuits. I prefer the taste of homemade dough, but the biscuits give Aeryn a chance to use a table knife. How can I deny her that joy??

Soooo happy. Meow!

The only thing not listed in the recipe which you simply MUST add for them to turn out right is some serious laughter and goofiness. Honest, cross my heart, and pinkie swear.


This is a fabulous Saturday morning project. Start in jammies (and of course a little dress up, to keep it interesting) and get dressed while they bake. It makes it easy to avoid cartoons,(I find our lives work better when we avoid the tube in near entirety. We're all happier and more productive, but it's the happier that seals the deal.). Not to mention, Aeryn loves loves loves to be in kitchen almost as much as I do!! Win/Win!!

Waiting oh so patiently for mama to mix up the glaze. Hurry mommy hurry! My tummy is talking!!

Drizzled with goodness!! She was so careful how she let the glaze drip. Such attention to detail! I'm certain that she has a long career as a meticulous pastry chef coming her way. Lets see... would that be before or after she becomes a photographer, or painter, or entomologist?

Next time I think I'll stick the breadmaker dough cycle on timer so we wake up to perfectly ready and uber tasty dough. But really, I don't care what it tastes like when we enjoy being together so much.

2 comments:

Angela S said...

That looks sooooo fun. And I can't believe how big she's getting!

Peterson Family said...

I can't believe it either. Wow. She's just beautiful Michelle. Looks like you two have quite a good time in the kitchen together (and EVERYWHERE else), you are such a good Mommy! :)