I made the decision this year that since I'd have 7 weeks with no classes I was going to go camping and get out of Dodge now and again. So far, so good. Though, I think I'm getting tired. Really very tired. The only one left on the list for this summer is 9 Mile Canyon, since the decision to remove Glacier Nat'l Park from the list this year that is(sad). We'll see if I recover from my present exhaustion enough to attempt it.
Last week we went to Fish Lake in Southern UT with my parents. It was a quick trip, but we ended up with an incredible tent site despite the 24th of July Holiday and the 8 million people who were there (and having no reservations). It was a blast. Aeryn especially loved skipping rocks across the lake with Grandpa. 
This is our favorite game. We set up the tripod and set the timer on the camera and take silly and random photos together.
The sunset was really beautiful. Aeryn could have been content climbing on the logs and rocks forever. 
A shell of a bug. I don't know what kind of bug, Grandma found this and it became one of Aeryn's "treasures" from the trip. Honestly, I think I'm raising a future entomologist. Which is totally ok with me.
Yesterday we got home from Angel Lake, NV camping with our friend Katie. I love it there. It's almost a little oasis in the vast overheated pinon "forests" of Nevada complete with aspens, abundant small wildlife, and a charming little lake. I'd really like to check out more of the East Humboldt Mountains and see if there is anything else like it hiding somewhere. I think this one may become a summer tradition. 
Katie and I.
The three of us walking around the lake. 
Playing our tripod game again. Subject: Indians
As always, you can check out more photos at our Picasa Web albums. Hope your summer is filled with adventure as well!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Summer Camping
Posted by
Micha
at
12:38 PM
Labels: Family Time, Travel and Adventure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm glad you're having some fun.
The pictures of you with glasses on blow me away with how similar your features are to Andrew's. Your nose especially. And the fair skin. And of course there is red hair throughout the family.
you CAN'T cut your hair. i love love love it in the indian photo. bella.
9 mile canyon is great my in laws live really close to there, in Price. You'll love it, lots of rocks and lots of indian petroglphys. You should also check out Range Creek, we went there a couple of years ago it is a new find.. the owner of the property kept the petrogylphs a secret until a few years ago. It was incredible and neat because so few people in the world have seen it!
Post a Comment