Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rubber Legs

One of the items on my 101 things list is to hike Stewart Falls with Aeryn. It's a beautiful little hike just above Sundance and one I've only done once when my too-creative-for-words-and-the-perfectly-hospitable-hostess friend and I were attempting to hike Timp but somehow ended up on the completely wrong trail. Well, I suppose I was on the trail once back in 1996 on a double date, in February, without a coat, sliding uncontrollably down at least a foot of snow on the side of the mountain and freezing my little keister off; but I choose to ignore that one.

Today we did it! That may not be a huge accomplishment to anyone but me. When we were starting the trail and I saw the sign that said 2 miles I almost gave up right then and there. I'm so glad I didn't. She made the whole trip! This is by far the longest hike I've ever drug her on. We spent about 5 hours from start to finish and the accomplishment for us is well worth it. This completes #36!!!


Click the pic to see our Picasa album

1 comments:

Amanda/Mandy said...

Fantastic!!! It is gorgeous up there so I am glad Munch made it.