They are good.
So, I know you've been losing sleep, just as I, about whether or not those pop up pancakes I linked a few days ago are really any good and if perchance they are, if it is possible to miniaturize the product... I'm here to put your mind at rest, they are, and it is, oh yeah.
First encounter with the deliciousness was Saturday morning, when the kindness of others filled my heart (and belly) with sweetened puffiness. 'Twas fabulous. Thank Justin again for me Nic.
However, the mornings exploits left me with a mini muffin pan already greased but not used. Whatever should I do? Brownie bites? Tartlets? Mini-mini meatloaves? Oh yeah, it's meatless May... better not do meatloaves. The poor, unassuming pan sat quite ignored upon the counter until this glorious evening, when by some odd chance I found myself hungry. I suppose it shouldn't be that odd. I hadn't really eaten anything and hunger, in such circumstances, does tend to encroach upon us.
Amidst my zeal of explaining to another how absolutely delightful said puffs were, I reached a point of utter starvation and desperation. I just was not going to be happy until I ate, and gosh darn it, I wanted more of those. In a moments haste, I threw caution to the wind, did some elementary arithmetic, and delved into my fantasy head first!
One third batch was perfect to fill one 12 cup mini muffin pan. 
Look at them so sweet and tender. Light, and golden, and just so happy in their little home. 
Almost as happy as on my plate. 
Poor dears have all departed from their earthly sojourn. Rest easy my darlings, it will not be long until some of your friends meet up with you. I promise.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Yup...
Posted by
Micha
at
10:24 PM
Labels: Cooking, Michelle, Obsessions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
When I was a kid, we called them "Popeye Pancakes,"supposedly because they look like Popeye's muscles the way they pop up (my mom's explanation). We baked them in a 9x12 pan and fought over the pieces in the corners that had all the puffs.
Just reminiscing :)
When I was a kid, we called them "Popeye Pancakes,"supposedly because they look like Popeye's muscles the way they pop up (my mom's explanation). We baked them in a 9x12 pan and fought over the pieces in the corners that had all the puffs.
Just reminiscing :)
Post a Comment