10 things I learned teaching today:
1- Teaching from someone else's notes seems easier on the surface, but often isn't organized the same way your own mind works and can make for WEIRD delivery
2- Students I admire for their brilliance in other classes, obviously don't know everything like I sometimes perceive (as realized when I found 3 people I know and respect from other upper division classes to be in the oceanography class I taught)
3- Distance ed is really fun. All the monitors, techno-gadgets, even watching the students have to ask questions into microphones. Neat-o
4- Looking young can undermine credibility at the collegiate level
5- It's exhausting to be on your feet all day (ok, 3 hours. it feels like all day though. I need a massage)
6- "Simple" (or familiar) knowledge is not that easily accessed when one is not expecting to need it
7- Not everyone CAN grasp science the way that seems normal to me
8- Nervous habits, like a teacher's pen clicking, are quite bothersome to those on the receiving end of the media transmission
9- I really don't know anything. Grad school sounds better all the time.
10- I can actually do this- AND enjoy it!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I lived!!
Posted by
Micha
at
2:29 PM
Labels: Life Lessons, Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Way to go!!! I'm glad that you survived (most likely excelled). Have fun on your field trip.
Post a Comment