Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bit's 'n Pieces

Admittedly, I've had better weeks. Or couple days rather. Nothing has really happened per se, but I have somehow been enshrouded beneath a hazy mental cloud. I paid for emissions tests twice (two days in a row no less) because I have apparently been too out of it to realize that when it says "Safety Inspection requires separate certificate" it means that what you are looking at is NOT the safety inspection report. Or the 30 some-odd phenomenal pictures that ended up with corrupted files today, and may have been able to be salvaged but in a moment of panic and trying to rectify the situation I reformatted the disk. Or the total lack of retention with my recent studies and asking my Prof questions that he knows I already know the answer to because of my exam scores. Or last night, when I was so tired I could have fallen asleep at nine but stayed up til 1:30am because my mind, with nothing on it, could not settle down (and also because I got sucked into Pride & Prejudice on PBS). So many options, I can't choose which one is most significant.

It matters not, however.

I have decided that I'm a better parent for the influence of Walt Disney. Why, you ask? Because I'm a chicken. Even though Aeryn is 5 and more than capable, I tend to not give her the opportunities she needs and wants to be involved with things like housework. I don't want her licking Lysol off her hands, or getting her clothes damp, or other such things. Today was a milestone for us. Aeryn scrubbed the kitchen floor. Almost the whole thing! She was even upset with me when I took over to get some of the more stubborn areas. Hesitant though I often am to let her do that type of thing, today it became a game. She got to be Cinderella! We even sang the "Sing Sweet Nightingale" song as we worked. It was fabulous. Thank you Walt. Thank you a hundred times over.

I did have pictures, and darling ones, but- well, you know... (see paragraph 1).

0 comments: