Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wonders Never Cease

I was thinking all night after posting my desperate plea for bedtime peace about WHAT ON EARTH might work. A couple google searches, some earnest prayers, and a little sobbing later, I still had no clue. In a business environment, I am the queen of "understand your employees individual motives and work with them" and started wondering how I could apply this to parenting. Actually, it was much more simple than that. Aeryn is constantly saying "Mommy happy?" and so Monday before bed I decided it was a logical launching point for tantrum termination.

We had a little talk about how the fits make people sad and created a little chant to say as we skip down the hallway to bed (think lions & tigers & bears...) to the effect of "happy, and quiet, and stay in bed." Small miracles happened and we have now been tantrum free and enjoying peaceful bedtimes for an entire week!! Yup, the night of my frantic desperation was the last. I don't know what to say. I've been so unbelievably happy AND I found an applicable application for yet another facet of my collegiate experience. My Organizational Behavior prof would be proud.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that things worked out like that! I love how you handled that crisis. Thanks for sharing!