I was going to save this for wordless wednesday, but I just can't leave it wordless. I never thought I'd actually take pics like this. Ok, actually, my friend and project partner in my Earth Materials class took these. Mine were farther away because I didn't want to be AnYwhEre near this sucker. It puts my mind at ease though about the "decoy" black widows that always make webs right by my doorknob. I suppose it really does make a difference if the hourglass is on the top or bottom of the creepy lil bugger.
I feel sort of sadistic for my fascination with this. The poor grasshopper was still alive. Trapped, panicked, but still somehow attempting to free himself. He seemed to do ok while he had both legs, but it sort of went downhill from there.
Yup, there he is in all his poisonous freaky glory. John touched the web and he ran behind a rock. We did take some good video however. All while we were supposed to be researching the vein minerals of the Santaquin Complex.
Just for good measure to show we really did accomplish something while we were out there. I know no one else cares about the veining here, but since this IS our major research project for the class and we DID only find this particular vein because spidey brought our attention to it, I figured it was relevant.
*This seems a tad ironic after our recent spider rice krispie treat endeavor.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Lil' Widow
Posted by
Micha
at
12:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
that is massively creapy. Oh, since there have been times I've wanted to email you but don't know your address: here's mine: angelamstone at gmail dot com. Have a good day.
EEEwwww... well, at least you kept it relevant to Halloween! :)
We have had a few black widows around our house in the backyard. Normally you'll find one MAYBE two, but in this desert you'll find them in packs... :( At least we never had a scorpion... I would take a widow over a scorpion any day (even though they are both gross and potentially harmful)! :) Cool pic's.
Post a Comment