
Aeryn and I made cupcakes today specifically so we could do my favorite marshmallow frosting (where you just put the marshmallow on top the last 3 min of baking and then gently smash it flat when they're done). I still haven't figured out how to do it without any marshmallows toppling over and burning to a puffy blackened pillow at the bottom of my oven though. Tonight we only lost two poor lil bundles of sugary goodness. Somehow, I feel better letting her eat marshmallow when it's a part of something greater rather than by itself. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense since a plain marshmallow would be somewhat healthier than anything we make with it.
Aeryn spent 6 days in Colorado with her dad and just came home Tuesday. I'm so glad she's back! It only takes about 2 days after she leaves before I start feeling so displaced I don't know what to do with myself. It was really nice to hang out with friends, go out at night without needing to get a sitter, not have to worry about what time I went to bed or woke up, and avoid cooking for pretty much the whole time, but really- once a mom, always a mom. I'm more myself with her here. As we danced around the living room tonight to the credit music at the end of Shrek, I felt my life was complete. This is what it's all about.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Cupcakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yum! I'm totally making these.
Post a Comment