I heart Chicago.
Things I've learned this last week:
*Walking outside the office towers at 5 p.m. in dress pants and heels automatically makes one look like a local.
*Looking like a local means you dont get the same special price offers promoted to tourists.
*Outside of the Rocky Mountains, warm summer rain really does happen once in a while.
*Pizzano's pizza really is oh so good.
*Luggage doesn't fit through the people counters leading to the El train very well, nor is it fun to carry up the stairs to get there.
*Panhandling can be done with immense creativity. I think my favorite was the Art Institute student doing "disco for dollars".
*It is ineffective, in a city known for local jazz, to walk into an all jazz record shop, ask if they carry any local stuff, and expect a clear "yeah, this one" rather than a dozen or so options.
*Hailing a cab is an art I have yet to master.
*The most effective way to get drinking water without paying the $4.10/bottle the hotel charges is just to fill the ice bucket and let it melt.
*An extra large serving of Spumoni can make a mighty fine dinner.
*I am not patient/assertive/wealthy enough to drive a car downtown.
*Hotel pillows can be incredibly comfortable.
*It is possible to take 115 photos in one day and not be in a single one.
*While vacation is nice, it's better to be with those we love. Some time away helps us remember that.
Monday, August 20, 2007
My kind of town
Posted by
Micha
at
10:49 AM
Labels: Michelle, Travel and Adventure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love the pictures of Chicago. I would love to visit there one day. That is on my list... :) I hope you had a fabulous time. Aeryn is growing so quickly, she looks just beautiful!! I love the headbands too... :)
I too love Chicago. We lived there for a while growing up and my sister lives there now. I'd not want to live there BUT I love visiting. It really is a great place!
Post a Comment