Saturday we went to Deer Creek Res. with Grandma and Grandpa M for the first boat ride of summer. Last year Aeryn absolutely loved the boat and kept yelling "faster Grandpa, faster!" I assumed that this year would be the same but she was a bit unnerved by the bumps. I thought it was a test ride to make sure everything was okey-dokey and consequently we weren't wearing out swim suits, had no spare clothes, and no towels. Grandma and Grandpa however were planning on getting wet.
We set the anchors down so they could splash around a bit, while Aeryn and I sat on the back of the boat dangling out feet in the water. She gradually crept closer to the edge and became more comfortable with less distance between her and the water's surface. I warned her that she was getting close to falling in and that the water was really cold, but of course that didn't matter. I kept close and had my hand on her back when a perfectly timed wake crossed our path and she suddenly slipped off the edge. Amazingly, my reflexes kicked in and I caught the top of her life jacket in time to keep her dangling in the air, waist deep in the lake. One hand on her, the other lowering the ladder, it's lucky I didn't fall in as well.




1 comments:
Been there, done that. Great for the heart, no? Amazing how fine-tuned mothers' reflexes get! Go SuperMom! =)
-m
Post a Comment