Aeryn and I spent this last weekend in Monterey, CA visiting a dear old friend. She had her first child, a precious baby girl, on May 1st and this pilgrimage was to meet the darling little one. Between bouts of perpetual doting on the wee one we did manage to squeeze in some tourist moments. Analee, baby Aria, Aeryn and I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, sampled the clam chowder on Cannery Row, drove California HWY 1 to Big Sur, and naturally made room for some shopping and Ghirardelli Ice Cream indulgences. It was a girls weekend in entirety.
The coastline was spectacular. I had never been out that way and was awestruck by one view in particular of incredible rocky cliffs beneath a blanket of young redwoods. There were imperial homes perched delicately against the edge of the cliff and for the first time I understand what would compel someone to build such a splendid abode in a geologically turbulent area. The views are indescribable. That particular shot escaped my camera’s gaze. I had intended to watch for it on the return trip but the sunset distracted my attentions and the image I so wanted to capture once again passed me by.
The trip went really well, although quickly, and we are glad to be home once again where we can return to the daily requirements of living and enjoy the stability that routine provides.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
5 days, 1900 miles, and 174 digital photos…
Posted by
Micha
at
1:56 PM
Labels: Travel and Adventure
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am glad to hear you girls had such a great time in California. Thanks for sharing the fun pictures.
I absolutely loved all the pictures!! They were way too fun to look at. Your little girl is so photogenic! Monterey looks like a beautiful place to visit. I will have to put that on my list. :) I hope to hear from you soon!
I was in Big Sur 2 years ago...wow! I'm glad you were able to see it! Thanks for posting the pics, I enjoy being able to keep up with family this way!
Post a Comment